15 Benefits of Shotokan Karate for your Child
At the Sonkei Karate Club, we believe that a child’s psychological and physical well being can be strengthened simultaneously. While the physical aspects of exercise and karate training improve your child’s general health, it also improves emotional health with increased self-
2. Focusing and Listening – At Sonkei Karate Club, we know focus plays a key role in the mindset of children who sometimes have limited attention spans at this stage in their life. Our Programme will teach your child to focus on the task at hand while improving their listening and reaction skills in the dojo, at home and in school.
3. Teamwork and Positive Social Interaction – Children should develop an understanding of cooperation and confidence in their ability to work with others. At Sonkei Karate Club our teamwork oriented environment develops character and teaches your child that the more we work together, the more we can accomplish.
5. Balance and Posture – For many children (and adults!) balance and posture are neglected. At Sonkei Karate Club, our training aims to improve strength, balance, healthy postures and balanced movement through the use of age appropriate forms and drills.
6. Memory and Retention – At Sonkei Karate Club, we use fun, effective memory and retention drills for martial arts and real world applications. Our programme improves memory skills essential for well rounded student development, in the Dojo and elsewhere.
8. Physical Fitness and Healthy Living – It’s important for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit at an early age. The healthier your child is now, the easier it will be to stay physically fit as they grow older. Karate should be a regularly practiced healthy habit!
9. Coordination and Motor Skills – Children with strong bodies, fine tuned motor skills and good physical coordination will perform better at other activities. At Sonkei Karate Club, your child will be more coordinated, less susceptible to injuries and be more aware of their body and how to use it correctly.
11. Respect – One of the most important words in martial arts is ‘Respect’. Our club name is derived from this word as ‘Sonkei’ means Respect. Students are taught to respect their instructors, each other and themselves; a child’s social behaviour should be directly linked to his or her progression in the class. It’s not just about winning.
12. Discipline, Behaviour and School – We have a lot of fun at the Sonkei Karate Club but instructors will not tolerate excessive talking or any messing around in the class. Disciplined behaviour in our sessions often transfers into home and school life; we want to make sure that our students are improving their behaviour at home and improving their grades at school, as well as working on their karate technique.
13. Physical Fitness and Preventing Obesity – The first step to preventing childhood obesity is addressing the problem before it occurs. Sonkei Karate Club is dedicated to empowering your child with self-
15. Personal Attention – At Sonkie Karate Club we know the impact a good instructor can have on a student. Our Instructors are experienced, patient, enthusiastic and teach with a perfect blend of discipline and fun.
Get your child started in our karate beginners course today!
We encourage you to take advantage of our family discounts and free trial class. We look forward to hearing from you!